Polentine with Bra DOP
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 350 g of milk
- 40 g of hard Bra DOP
- 170 g of soft Bra DOP
- 150 g of sausage
- 70 g of porcini mushrooms, fresh or frozen
- 100 g of butter
- 150 g of corn flour for polenta
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 400 g of water
Small cakes with wood scents, ideal for the first fall cold days... from Northern Italy (Cuneo, Piemonte).
- Grate the hard Bra DOP.
- Cut into thin stripes the soft Bra DOP.
- Put in a pan the water and the milk.
- Bring to the boil on medium heat.
- Add the corn flour.
- Cook on low heat for 50 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from the fire.
- Add all the hard Bra, 50 g of soft Bra and 60 g of butter.
- Stir until the cheeses are melt.
- Crumble the sausage.
- Clean and cut the mushrooms into slices.
- Put a tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Add the sausage and cook for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Grease with butter 6 moulds for crème caramel.
- Put on the bottom of each mould 2 tablespoons of polenta with Bra (it must be hot).
- Shape the polenta into a hollow with a spoon
- Put in each mould 1/6 of the mix of sausage and mushrooms and 20 g of soft Bra.
- Cover the moulds with the polenta left.
- Press the top with a tablespoon.
- Let it rest for 4 minutes.
- Take out of the moulds in a oven dish.
- Cook in the oven at 200°C for 3 minutes.
- Serve soon and hot.